Notices from the Office of the Superintendent
The GMS Drama Club presents “Sally Cotter and the Censored Stone”
End of Year Calendar
Wednesday, May 25: Early Release
Monday, May 30: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
Wednesday, June 1: Full School Day
Wednesday, June 8: Early Release
Wednesday, June 15: Full School Day
Friday, June 17: Early Release LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
Federal Program: Home Test Kits
Families are encouraged to take advantage of another round of ordering at-home test kits through the federal government. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order a third round of free at-home test kits. Order yours today at Order Free At-Home Tests. Need help placing an order for your at-home tests? Call 1-800-232-0233 (
COVID Information from the Nurses
The nursing team wanted to send a quick clarification regarding the district’s COVID-19 protocols. As you know, the Maine Department of Education has discontinued pool testing as of May 13th. Due to the discontinuation of pooled testing, if your student is a close contact or has a household exposure to COVID and is unvaccinated, they must quarantine and are not eligible to come to school for 5 days from the last date of contact with the COVID positive individual.
Pooled testing ended and my student is not fully vaccinated, what can I do?
The best way to keep your student in school is to get your student fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Students are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their 2nd dose of COVID vaccine. You can find COVID vaccine sites here.
- ANYONE (regardless of vaccination status) who has been in close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual MUST wear a well fitting mask for 10 days after exposure.
- Everyone who tests positive for COVID-19 must wear a well-fitting mask around others at home and in public through day 10 (days 6 through day 10). If they are unable to wear a mask when around others, they should continue to isolate themselves for 10 days.
- If your student tests positive for COVID-19, report COVID-19 HERE
What if I am a close contact/ household contact to someone who tests positive?
- If you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, you should wear a well-fitting mask around others for 10 days from the date of your last close contact with someone with COVID-19 (the date of last close contact is considered day 0) but do not have to be quarantined.
- If you are unvaccinated or not up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you must quarantine for 5 days and mask for days 6-10 post exposure.
- Regardless of vaccination status, get tested 5 days after you last had close contact with someone with COVID-19.
- If you test positive or develop COVID-19 symptoms, stay home and isolate yourself from other people and follow the recommendations above.
For more information, please visit our COVID-19 website. Thank you for keeping our school and community safe!
DRAFT Equity Policy Goes to the Board
On May 2, the Policy Committee reviewed the draft Policy ACA: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Education: Citizenship in a Global Society and feels it is now ready to move forward to the Board of Directors for first read and adoption. The first read of the policy is scheduled for regular meeting on June 6 and the item for action to adopt the policy will be on June 22 agenda.
Below is a snapshot of the current positive COVID-19 cases. For more information, including updated information regarding COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Information Center at: https://sites.google.com/
Current COVID-19 Cases
MSAD #51 Board of Directors Information
Meetings start at 6:30 pm in the Greely Center for the Arts at GHS unless otherwise noted.
June 2 - Public Hearing on Issuance of Bonds
Budget Information 2022-23
Detailed budget information can be found on the District's website at: https://www.msad51.org/
May 19 District Budget Meeting Documents
Our Community Partners are strong supporters of various areas of the school. Without them, our students would not have many of the wonderful opportunities and experiences that they receive.
Ukrainian Fundraiser - Saturday, May 21
Community Notices are not affiliated with MSAD #51. Please contact the organization directly with any questions. For a full listing of Community Notices, please click HERE.
If you would like something included in our weekly newsletter, please send a brief write up with title along with a JPEG or PNG image of your flyer (if applicable) to Fran Prentice for approval. The deadline each week is Sunday. Any requests received after Sunday will be reviewed for possible submission in the following week's newsletter. All approved submissions will be posted on the district's website.
Not all items in this email are MSAD #51 sponsored programs. If you need more information, please contact the group or organization that is sponsoring the event.
357 Tuttle Road, PO Box 6A, Cumberland, ME 04021
Contact Us | 207.829.4800